Guests

free counters

Monday, May 10, 2010

Computer home work(May.10.2010)

My Dream Place By: Joel Choi Ngai Yeong (5 Aman)

My Dream is Scotland and it is one of the countries I wish to visit when I grow up. I heard there were many great places to visit in Scotland such as the wild beauty of the Highlands and Isle of Skye. Not only that but there are more great places to visit such as the Loch Ness, Glencoe, Inverness, Edinburgh and four beautiful Islands known as Mull, Iona, Staffa. More places to visit are Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Cairngorms, the ancient pine forests of the Rothiemurchus Estate, Dune Castle, St Andrews and Forth Road Bridge.

Other than that Scotland is also famous for whisky. and especially for its history and legends. A constituent country(Scotland) of the United Kingdom comprising the northern part of the island of Great Britain as well as the Hebrides, Shetland Islands, and Orkney Islands. Inhabited by Picts in prehistoric times, the region was invaded but never conquered by the Romans and split into a variety of small kingdoms after the fifth century A.D. In the ninth century most of Scotland was unified into one kingdom, but conflicts with the English to the south soon erupted, leading to a series of bloody wars. When Mary Queen of Scots's son James VI succeeded to the English throne in 1603, the two kingdoms were united. Scotland became a part of the kingdom of Great Britain by a parliamentary act of 1707. Edinburgh is the capital and Glasgow the largest city. Population: 5,120,000.

THIS IS WHY SCOTLAND IS MY DREAM PLACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mother's day

HOLIDAY IN GEM ISLAND..SEPT 19TH ----> 22ND ^^

I went to gem island on the 19th of September(Last Saturday).We of course had to sit in the car and then use the motorboat.During the first day we went snorkeling.We can see so many fishes during the trip.Not only can we see fishes but we can also see sea cucumbers,sea urchins,jellyfishes,clams,baby sharks,turtles,glowworms and corals.The jellyfish stung my friend!How angry I was then.I got revenge the next day by throwing stones at the same jellyfish until it died.It was like this before it died....... Anyway, I must admit I felt guilty when it died.At night we ate dinner at the restaurant.In the morning we ate buffae.I arrived early but one of my friends arrived earlier.His name is..........Henry.In the morning there are lots of fishes.We fed them bread.The fish crowded like this...................The next day we went for a ride in a boat.The boat stopped and we went down to snorkel.The second we did it we saw an enormous clam.It was so big man!But too bad I couldn't go kayaking.I ate dinner and enjoyed my last day there.Before I came back home I saw the sunset.It was so nice.I went back home.The end!